You might have expected a market retracement (we did), but.......... By Lane Clark of TPP.

lc Aug 5, 2024

Anyone who knows or follows me will know I expected a large market sell off, but………….

Wow.

I didn’t expect this.

Anyone who thinks stock markets and us tech can go up and up and up and up, and make you richer and richer without a breather, might think differently today.

I love the markets, I love working within them, but this year’s price action is off the grid.

So irrational for so long, and a retracement so big that it almost feels like the credit crunch .

So, as a 2024 BEAR let me ask a question????

Are markets over reacting, and in time will this sell off look like a good buying opportunity?

For what it’s worth, just like I was transparent about the SELL position our active strategies have been holding, let me provide an update.

Short sells started to be closed on our active strategies bit by bit on Thursday, Friday, Sunday night and today.

As I write this right now- WE ARE ON THE BUY SIDE on global equities….

That isn’t to say there won’t be more shorts (against the main trend) after a Dead Cat Bounce (when we get one), but I think that short we were waiting for- has happened.

Wow, just wow.

Crazy markets.

No replies yet